Sunday, September 27, 2009

Windell's with Papa and Ah-ma

So today we went out for breakfast with the whole crew to say good-bye to Carly as she heads off to college again.  After breakfast, we took my mom and dad out to Windell's to show them around the place that we are always talking about and to show them Wyatt "shredding" in real life.


First of all, let me just take a minute to explain how amazing my parents are.  And I'm not just saying that because they are my parents and I love them.  No, they are pretty much the coolest parents around and I love them both to death.  Now six years ago, when I was still living at home, I didn't exactly feel the same way.  But now that I'm a parent, and I've seen what it takes to be a parent and to care about your kids and love them so much that all you want is the best for them.  I know now that all of their intentions were good.  They were just trying to protect me, and keep me from getting hurt or getting into trouble.  When I look back now I really wish I would have listened to them.  Everyday I have more and more respect for my mom, and how hard it really is to be a good mom, and to raise your kids right.  I think my parents did a really good job raising all three of us kids.  We may have gone off the right path for awhile, but I think all three of us have turned out pretty good.


I love that fact that I am so close to both of my parents now, and that I have such a good relationship with both of them.  It also is nice to have parents that are still together and still love each other.  They are an example to Shane and I and we hope that we will have a long, and happy marriage like they have.  Shane and I both love spending time with them, and I hope our family always stays close.  I also love how close they are to my kids.  My parents are the best Grandparents around, and they are both extremely hands on.  I mean, what other Grandparents do you know that will follow us around in the woods and watch my husband show off as well as my little boy?  What other grandparents are pushing a stroller through the dirt, while the other one carries Wyatt's bike? 


 They love interacting with my kids and my kids love both of them so much.  I love you Mom and Dad!!

Anyways, we had a lot of fun out there.  Wyatt got to show them all of his cool little tricks, and we showed them the dirt jumps that Shane has spent alot of time working on.  It was a really fun day :)






Here's a few pictures of Shane doing some tricks.




No comments:

Post a Comment