Sunday, November 1, 2009

6 Months Old

Dear Max,
Is it really possible?
Are you really already 6 month's old? Really?


On one hand, I can't believe that you are already 6 months old, but on the other hand it feels like you have been apart of this family forever.  I can't imagine our family without you in it.  You bring so much laughter and joy to all of us.
You truly are a special, little boy.  I love the little personality that is coming out already and how you can already put up with your older brother picking on you and sometimes even getting him back for picking on you.  I can tell you are going to have tough skin, already you don't let the little things that your brother does to annoy you bother you.  

You have changed so much in the last month its unreal.  You sit up completely on your own now, you are already starting to crawl, you have been babbling away all month and I think your first word was the all popular da-da.  
You still don't like any kind of baby food that I have tried to give you.  Today you discovered how much fun it is to spit out the rice cereal that I give you all over the place.  I will keep trying to get you to eat any kind of food until I find something that you like.  I'm also waiting for you to get the whole concept of eating baby food down, because for now, everything that I seem to put in comes right back out.
You love to play on the floor now, and you love it even more when your brother tries to entertain you.  His new thing is to hide behind the bed and pop out around the corner laughing, which in turn makes you crack up.  There is nothing better in the world than listening to the two of you laugh together.  It absolutely makes my heart soar.

I'm trying to enjoy every minute I have with you as a little guy, because I know before I know it you will be big like your brother and I will never have a little baby in the house again.
That makes me sad, and I sometimes wish you could just stay a baby forever and never grow up, but I know thats not possible.  And I will enjoy watching you grow, as I have enjoyed the last six months so much.  It's crazy to think that 6 months ago, we were a family of three.  But life couldn't be better now, and you are truly an amazing addition to our family and we love you so much.
Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment